RATKO MLADIC’S TRIAL TO CONTINUE ON 9 JULY 2012
The prosecution will start presenting its evidence at the trial of the former VRS Main Staff commander on Monday, 9 July 2012 and will go on for two weeks until the beginning of the Tribunal’s summer recess on 21 July 2012. Mladic is on trial for double genocide and other crimes in BH
On Tuesday, 18 June 2012, Judge Orie’s Trial Chamber suspended the trial of Ratko Mladic ‘until further notice’ because of the prosecution’s failure to disclose evidence to the defense on time. Late this afternoon, the Trial Chamber issued a new scheduling order indicating that the first prosecution witnesses against the former VRS Main Staff commander would appear before the Tribunal on Monday, 9 July 2012. The trial will go on until the Tribunal’s summer recess, which begins on Friday, 20 July 2012. Mladic’s trial will be adjourned until 20 August 2012.
The prosecution was ordered to submit a new witness list for the first two weeks of its case by 26 June 2012. The Trial Chamber instructed the prosecution to choose the witnesses whose testimony and the supporting documents were disclosed to the defense on time. The prosecution was also ordered not to call witness RM 319 before 20 August 2012. According to the prosecution documents in the public domain, this witness is Momir Nikolic, former security officer of the VRS Bratunac Brigade. Nikolic pleaded guilty before the Tribunal for crimes committed in July 1995 in Srebrenica. He has already testified at number of trials.
- Case : Mladic
- 2012-06-18 RATKO MLADIC TRIAL SUSPENDED ‘UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE’
- 2012-05-31 MLADIC’S NEW MOTION TO ADJOURN TRIAL
- 2012-05-24 RATKO MLADIC’S TRIAL CONTINUES ON 25 JUNE 2012
- 2012-06-26 SEVEN WITNESSES IN THE FIRST SEGMENT OF RATKO MLADIC’S TRIAL
- 2012-07-02 MLADIC’S DEFENSE WANTS THREE WITNESSES TO TESTIFY LATER THAN PLANNED
- 2012-07-05 MLADIC’S MOTION TO POSTPONE EVIDENCE OF THREE WITNESSES DISMISSED